A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

World becoming increasingly unsuitable for my lifestyle

"Work Life Curbs Greece's Healthy Napping Custom"

NPR--For most of history, climate shaped the way people lived their everyday lives. In some of the world's hottest places, people still take a midday siesta. But modern life is making that a rarity, even as science shows that napping may be good for your health.

I don't know if I want to live in a world where, even if it's a place I've never been to or will actually visit, people don't take siestas. In my perfect world, conversations like this would echo through office lobbies.

Secretary - "Mr. Jenkins' office."
Boss - "Tom Jenkins, please."
Secretary - "Mr. Jenkins is taking a nap sir, may I take a message?"
Boss - "What? Why is Jenkins sleeping in the middle of a work day?!?"
Secretary - "Because fuck you, that's why."

I don't want a real job or an office. I just want a secretary to tell people to fuck off for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home