A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Monday, July 09, 2007

What I've been up to this summer

I found a YouTube video of the Greensboro band Farewell, Epitaph's most recent addition to their stable of artists, playing in Syracuse, New York.



I interviewed the band for Go Triad right before they started this tour. It was odd for me, being one of my first assignments for Go Triad -- aside from my Cheap Eats column I've been doing for a while -- and I'd already started listening to Farewell a couple years prior when my then-girlfriend was friends with someone who was dating blah blah blah. My favorite moment of this summer happened during that interview:

Me - "What's the most "rock star" thing to happen to you guys since you got signed?"

Big bass player whose name escapes me right now - "This."


So if you're like most of my friends and have only seen me sporadically throughout the summer, that's why.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty said...

They don't suck nearly as much as most local Greensboro bands. That's a high compliment coming from me.

7/11/2007 05:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home