A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New Maddox

Maddox takes on the stupid "Loose Change" video in his latest post. First paragraph:

"I've been getting a lot of email lately from people sending me this stupid 9/11 conspiracy video called "Loose Change." I've tried to ignore it for months now, but you morons keep forwarding it to me, and I keep having to add more email addresses to my spam filter. The ironic part is that I'm a huge conspiracy nut, and even I can't stomach this bullshit. For example, I believe that there is a small, reptile-like creature called Chupacabra that sucks the blood of goats in Mexico. Area 51? Hell yes. Roswell? Pass me the Kool-Aid. But "Loose Change" elevates bullshit to an artform. Watching this video is like being bukakked with stupid."

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Elledge said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/12/2006 02:32:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Elledge said...

I don't pretend to know who's responsible for 9/11, nor is there any way I can ever know. I do believe the government may have been responsible, however.

Maddox asks why wouldn't the government have killed the makers of Loose Change. The answer is because they don't need to because they know the vast majority of Americans will refuse to even consider the possibility due to their belief that the American government can do no wrong. Maddox exemplifies this perfectly.

Maddox also asks how they could hide all of the evidence with so many different people involved. The answer is the same as above. They don't have to.
It's the same with the Iraq war. The pretenses for it have virtually been proven false, yet Americans are still pretty much ok with the war because the government says it's still necessary anyway.

Remember, if the government does it, it must be for a good reason.

I also notice that Maddox doesn't bother to actually refute anything in the whole video. Simplifying his argument as much as possible and putting in the form of a formal proof, it boils down to nothing more than this:

1. Loose Change is idiotic!
2. Therefore, the government didn't do it.

8/12/2006 03:47:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Elledge said...

Ok. My mistake. He has a link to a page refuting Loose Change. I missed the link in my initial reading of the page. I stand by my other points though.

8/12/2006 03:57:00 AM  
Blogger Luke McIntyre said...

Actually, Maddox does raise the point that "steel melts at 1525° C, and although jet fuel burns only at 825° C, it doesn't have to burn hot enough to melt to cause the buildings to collapse, since steel loses 50% of its strength at 648 ° C." It is just one fact, but it's a major fact that the creators of Loose Change, and some rather idiotic professors, have conveniently overlooked.

But Maddox's style is one of hilarious insulting, rather than fact-by-fact debunking (which, as you point out, has already been done).

8/13/2006 05:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home