A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Drunk Blue Bird Taxi driver

Earlier today I was nearly smashed into by a Blue Bird taxi driver. That's a good news story lead. Here's another: "A local freelance writer was killed today when a taxi t-boned his car."

After work today, I turned onto my road. I noticed a white van coming from the opposite direction, signaling onto my road as well. As I turn into my driveway (which includes turning slightly outward and then in so I can make the turn into my driveway without going over the curb, pretty standard for any driveway), I was quite startled to notice a Blue Bird minivan taxi swerve in front of me and into my front yard.

At this point I'm going on assumption, but I'm assuming that he though I was going to be turning left (though I hadn't signaled left) and he didn't want to wait and see if I was actually turning before passing me on the right side of the road. He then saw what I was so obviously doing, and had to swerve over the curb, over the sidwalk, and into my yard to avoid driving right into me.

That or he thought my lawn needed a ride.

I called the Blue Bird office, and, as I assumed, they couldn't do anything unless I had the driver's ID number. Of course, the guy answering the phone didn't have to be a raging dick about it. He could have simply said "I'm sorry that our driver almost ended your life through his blatant negligence, not to mention the giant muddy tire tracks now resting in your grass. Please don't write an angry blog entry urging everyone to stop using Blue Bird taxis."

Screw that guy.

The next time a taxi cuts me off, runs a red light, or for some reason takes a personal vendetta with the side of my car, I'm making it a point to follow him until I get his number.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roch101 said...

I think most people can manage a right turn into a driveway without heading left first.

6/27/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Blogger Luke McIntyre said...

I should have added that my driveway is started with a short and sudden drop into the gutter, then a large bump. It's necessary for me to square off a little.

Regardless, the point was that the space between me and the curb did not exceed the width of his van, hence the swerving into the yard.

6/28/2006 01:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home