A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Looking back in 20 years this probably won't be funny anymore

My friend Liz just made me a group on Facebook: The Buy Luke a Drink Fund. It came up in conversation with her that I'd have a lot more money if I stopped buying booze, to which I replied "Yes, but then how would I get booze?"

The group's slogan says to buy me drinks "because Luke is never euphoric unless mildly intoxicated and he's always in need of a good drink." The latter is certainly true, unless you saw me last night. If you did then, well, yeah. Whatever.

Point is, join this group and buy me drinks. Invite your friends, either to the group or to the pub so they can buy me drinks. I'm not responsible enough to manage my money AND buy my own liquor. It's just not working out.

P.S. - I'm not an alcoholic. I feel like I should just throw that one out there. I just have a penchant for the sauce, that's all. It'd be out of order at this point anyway. First you become a successful writer/artist/whatever, then you become an alcoholic. Not before.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Luke: Your postscript is BS according to a test you posted in this very blog a few months back....keep in mind I'm leaving all personal knowledge out of this claim.

3/12/2007 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger Luke McIntyre said...

You mean the one where I made fun of a ridiculous test and then stated that the only test of addiction is when the thing you're obsessed with begins to negatively affect your life, yet you keep doing it?

3/12/2007 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

im osrry i catn read that last post, too man ybeers.

3/13/2007 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Luke McIntyre said...

I know where you live.

3/13/2007 08:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home