A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I was outdone

Tonight there was an exceptionally clever girl hanging out on the hall. At one point she happened to be drinking water out of a coconut shaped cup, when she remarked:

Her - "You know, this is a lot like most nuts I've seen."
Me - "Big, brown, and empty when you're done with them?"
Her - "Yeah, I've got so many black guys coming in and out of my house you'd think it's part of the underground railroad."

After I was done laughing, I had nothing to come back with. Outdone by a girl.

I usually pride myself on my quips. My friend Rahsaan and I will have contests to see who can come back with the best insult, the loser being the person who draws a blank or is laughing too hard to retort. The only other female contender I've met so far is my friend Caroline, who can dish them out better than most guys.

I'm certainly not the funniest of my friends, but hanging out with funny people seems to make you funnier. It makes you bring your A game. It's why the show "The Comedians of Comedy" was so damn funny, nothing but four comedians sitting around cracking jokes. I'm not sure if it's the same for other skills, but it certainly makes for a fun night.

EDIT: Found out the next day while talking girls with a coworker that the girl was his sister. Oops.

EDIT 2: I should have also mentioned my friend Kim, who tends to be a clever little bastard. Funny girls are hard to come by, for whateer reason.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wade in the waaaaater...... give her my number

8/21/2006 12:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home