A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Faux News is back

The Carolinian - World Can't Wait! disbands, admits world can probably wait a while

The World Can't Wait!, a nation-wide activist group formed in 2005 with the purpose of driving out "the Bush regime," officially disbanded on Thursday, admitting that the world would probably have to wait a couple years to get rid of Bush.

"We've had about half a dozen protests in the past year and a half, and Bush is still around. I'm not saying that the world can wait, but, it already is," said group president Ryan Reed. "So yeah, it can apparently."

Last Thursday, World Can't Wait! staged a national walkout to protest President Bush. At UNCG it included about 50 demonstrators, some of whom dressed in orange, posing as Guantanamo Bay prisoners being kicked by a demonstrator dressed as President Bush.

One protester said it wasn't the group's constant failure that led her away.

"For me, it's not really even that I realized college students playing dress-up wasn't going to take down a president," said former group member Amanda Brandon. "It's more that I'm graduating in a couple months. I've got to get a job."

"I think we proved our point," claimed Reed. "The point is that through protesting and demonstrating for a cause, you can really make something tangible happen. We really did a lot of good. For instance, we gave a lot of students a reason to skip class last week."

Some former WCW members said they would be moving on to activist groups where they could actually make a difference.

"I'm thinking about joining S.T.A.N.D [Students Taking Action Now - Darfur].," said UNCG freshman Jamie Rose. "If there's anything that will stop a genocide in Africa that the UN won't even act against, it's a weekly meeting in the EUC."

This one's short enough that I can just post it here. But Faux News is back. Yay.

My favorite response to this one so far: "Wow. You just called everyone in that group a dick."

Like I said, Faux News is back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brook Taylor said...

Yesssssssss! I love Faux News.

10/11/2006 08:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for your next character, Rahsaan Morris.

10/15/2006 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home