A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I blame Bush

VIENNA, Austria - A recent House of Representatives committee report on Iran's nuclear capability is "outrageous and dishonest" in trying to make a case that Tehran's program is geared toward making weapons, a senior official of the U.N. nuclear watchdog has said.

Full article

What does it mean when I'm more afraid of my own congress than of a nuclear weapon-wielding militant islamic state? I don't even know what to overreact to anymore. The way that government, not just our government, every democracy on Earth, can wield public opinion through lies, misinformation and religion just scares me on a Plato level.

Why did we go to war? WMDS? Oh, because Cheney just said we would have gone to war anyway. Bush now says "we will find you" to Osama, but during the debates he wasn't too worried about him? Bush admits Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but now attempts the argument that it's a front on the war on terror?

They lie and we eat it. Blame the media? Sure. Blame the public? Awesome. Myself? Already there.

But I'll just blame Bush. That feels a lot better. It's what we'll do in 50 years anyway. Bush sucks. Fuck that guy. I'm going to go have a nap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Elledge said...

Luke,

This post sounds like a reversal of opinion from that big debate we had on Melissa's blog. When I was saying this type of thing about the U.S. government, you acted as if I was engaging in extreme hyperbole. Just wondering what's changed your mind. I may just be misinterpreting what you're saying, but this question...

"What does it mean when I'm more afraid of my own congress than of a nuclear weapon-wielding militant islamic state?"

...sounds pretty much in line with my synopsis of the U.S. government.

9/15/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Luke McIntyre said...

I think I remember your synopsis including something in defense of anarchy.

9/15/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Elledge said...

Right, but I was referring to how bad the U.S. government is, and you seemed to be saying back then that they're not really all that bad. But if you're more afraid of them than a nuclear-weapon-wielding, militant Islamic state, I'd say they must be pretty darn bad.

9/18/2006 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home