A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Third time's the charm

I've been blogging since I was 15, and it's still odd to change to a new blog. At least I don't have to say "my livejournal" anymore.

Here we are with the typical grayish on black, for the same reason that Maddox explained:

I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor).

I use Microsoft Word all the time, often in the dark, and it pisses me off. Try to change the colors in that program and you can't see menus. I should look into a new word processor next.

On AIM I used to use black text on yellow background because it is the easiest to see (think road signs). Eventually the complaints about my "bumble bee" font became more annoying than picking a different color.

Here's a fun bit of trivia. The Blogger spellcheck doesn't recognize "blog," "blogging," "blogger," or "spellcheck" as words. Pardon?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when you planning on starting posting again?

3/12/2006 09:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home