A penguin and a polar bear are sitting on an iceberg. The penguin yells, "No Soap Radio!" They both jump in the water.

Monday, November 12, 2007

This is what it's like when dork-worlds collide


Did I expect I Can Has Cheezburger? to combine my logophilia with my love of captioned cat pictures? No, but you never know what to expect from the Intertrons.

That made my day, until I discovered Word Spy, a website "devoted to lexpionage, the sleuthing of new words and phrases." This is an endeavor that I'm already a huge supporter of, so I'm very literally wide-eyed and drop-jawed, staring at words like:

lifestreaming n. An online record of a person's daily activities, either via direct video feed or via aggregating the person's online content such as blog posts, social network updates, and online photos.

sharp number n. A precise or unrounded number.

upcycling n. A process that takes used or recycled materials and creates a new product with a higher quality or value than the original materials.

glamping n. A form of camping that includes expensive equipment, fine food, and other luxuries.

Oh, I will be here for hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home